söndag 11 mars 2012

Make My Own Website - How To Make A Web Page And Put It On The Internet




"Make my own website" are exactly the same words I typed into Google a little while ago looking for exactly that. I wanted simple, step-by-step and easy to follow directions. I knew I did not have enough money to pay someone hundreds or even thousands of dollars to create a website for me. However, I knew that the way to make money online was to have a website. Today, I will share with you how I learned to make my own website and get started online.





Step #1 - Decide on a domain name and register it with a company called a registrar.





Your domain name is what you put after www., and it can be almost anything you want. You can type in "register domain name" into any search engine like Google and tons of sites will come up. I chose Godaddy and my first domain name cost me about $10 for the whole year.





Step #2 - Choose a place for hosting your site.





This is a place where you will upload all of your website files. Your hosting site will be the place that actually puts your website on the internet for others to see. Godaddy has a free hosting option if you buy your domain name through them but if you decide to use someone else, hosting should not cost a lot of money although it is usually a monthly fee of at least $5.





Step #3 - Download an FTP client onto your computer.





This is the software you need on your computer to upload your website files to the host. For starters, you should use free software. I use Filezilla and have had no problems with it at all. It's really easy to use and you can get it by typing "filezilla" into your search engine. Be sure to get the correct download that is compatible for your computer.





Step #4 - Download html editing software onto your computer.





This is software you will need to actually make a web page. You type in information, add pictures, and change colors. The html editing software is what I used to make my own website look the way I wanted it to. Kompozer and Nvu are both free web page editors. They are both free and are a good start for someone starting a website.





After you have downloaded the necessary software, put all of the above steps together. First purchase a domain name. Then create a page in your web editor, next you upload that page using your FTP client. You will upload that page to the "public_html" folder that your hosting company has provided for you. After that is done, the web page you created will be available for the whole world to see when your domain name is typed into the internet browser.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar